It would help to know a few more details.
1. Did you have previous security software installed, if so did you completely remove it?
2. What operating system and service pack is this? (right-click Computer (my Computer in XP) in Start Menu and go to Properties to see that info) and what version of Internet Explorer is installed (open and go to Help/About) ? (Whether or not you use IE)
3. Are you totally up to date with all updates for your system?
4. Any errors that popped up? What did they say?
5. Did you try rebooting to see if it will work then?
That's too bad. Try running Malwarebytes Free and maybe AdwCleaner, see the last link in my signature below under 'Free 3rd Party Tools'. to see if there is still malware stopping the software from activating. (To keep Malwarebytes free of charge do NOT accept the free trial).
If that doesn't help I would phone Technical Support via the link under Useful Links at the top of this page, it's free of charge. Before it connects you'll be asked to run the Virtual Technician. That can sometimes fix issues by itself.
If you want to to try it without contacting them here it is: http://mvt.mcafee.com/
Called tech support and they are no help at all. Guess Ill just wait till the 12th when Im suppose to have it activated by and see what happens. if it doesnt work ill un-install it and go with Norton.
Did you ask them to escalate the issue to a higher level? You can do that.
Try this: Uninstall all McAfee via Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program
Run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot.
Run the McPreinstall tool and retry installing from your online account or if you don't yet have one the CD if you have one.
Could you please post the SR number for the last interaction you had with McAfee here so that I may get an idea about what was done from Tech Support. I can assist you if Tier 2 techs are unsuccessful.
I did un-install and re-install, and preinstall tool. the case # she gave me is 1200957159. I did not try the cleanup tool. The lady on the phone said I had to wait till the 12th, honestly I think she was just blowing me off. also she could not log me in with my email and user name I used when installing Mcafee. Thank Guys.