cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Protection Dialogs not resizing properly with custom scale setting

I have McAfee Total Protection running on Win 8.1 with a FHD (1920x1080) screen,  With the display scaling set to the "standard" vlaue of 100%, 125% and 150%, everything works fine.

However, if I use a custom setting (eg 132%), a small problem arises.  Down the right-hand side of each screen, there is a dark grey menu (Home, Navigation Help etc), and at the bottom of the menu, there is a semi-transparent information box about the last scan (eg files scanned, viruses detected etc).  The problem is that this menu column and info box at this scale setting now overlay the main part of the screen.  In particular, in the dialog to set the scan schedule, it is necessary to scroll down to reach the "Apply" button - but the info box prevents access to the scroll bar., as shownScheduleScan.jpg

It seems that the program can cope with the "standard" scale settings, but not Custom settings.

Is there a fix for this?

7 Replies

Re: Total Protection Dialogs not resizing properly with custom scale setting

Confirmed in beta 13.0.210 as well the issue either shows the right hand area moved left as in your case or moved right and I lose the edge of the box as well as the closing X.

I will pass up the line now and mention at our phone call Monday

Passed on can you go back to 125% for the time being

Thanks for your prompt responses, Tony. 

Doug

We will see what they say but do not hold your breath as not many would use this funny sizing.  Is there a reason why you need 132%?

I can mostly manage at 125%.  At 70 years of age, my vision is not what it used to be.  Some dialogs are a bit small (or have rather small fonts) even at 125%, but 150% is a bit too big and "clunky"-looking.  Something intermediate works well - except when I'm looking at some McAfee screens. 

Doug

Ah ok Will pass this on

Issue confirmed by Mcafee seems it is an issue with IE11 Mcafee is discussing this with Microsoft.

The only options at this time.

Live with it, change to one of the fixed DPI settings or for older versions of Windows run IE 10. I don't have an ETA on this.