Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hafue
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 25

Total Protection - 12152 error at installation

Hi,

as it is not possible to contact support on weekends here and the technical support tool is insufficient, I try it this way.

I had Total Protection 2015 before (would run until December). Now I purchased the 2016 version. On all devices like mobile phones and tablets the installation was just fine.

My laptop still runs with 2015. On my main computer, I thought, hey, I will uninstall 2015 and install 2016 instead.

So far, so bad. Obviously during the un-installation routine, something went wrong (probably someone turned off the computer?).

How ever, The software was gone and I tried to install the new 2016 version. (like 20 times)

The faboulus 12152 error occurs, as soon as the installer wants to download the rest of the software.

I looked for a solution and I tried everything, but I have no clue, how to solve it.

What did I do:

1. use removal tool from McAfee

2. used preparation tool from McAfee

3. used old licence, used new licence

4. cleared all caches of all browsers and cleaned all storage (temp, downloaded sites and so on)

5. tried it like a 100 times

6. used also the technical support tool

still no solution.

To be not unprotected, I installed a 30 day evaluation copy from another vendor.

I'm looking forward to any usefull hint or a solution to this problem, THANKS!

Harry

24 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Message 2 of 25

Re: Total Protection - 12152 error at installation

12152 indicates a network error, the connection was somehow dropped in mid-stream.  Try running the MCPR cleanup tool to rid yourself of any remnants of old software (or new for that matter) and then start your installation again from your online account.

Also make sure all traces of the other vendor's software are gone by using their removal tool.

hafue
Level 7
Message 3 of 25

Hi Ex_Brit,

thanks for your answer.

As I already mentioned in 1.) I already used the MCPR cleanup tool. Didn't help.

I can also say, that it is definitly not a network connection problem. Only thing that comes to my mind about the network, does the installation procedure need a special incoming port, which I have to forward?

kind regards

Harry

exbrit
Level 21
Message 4 of 25

Not that I'm aware of.  It's probably best you wait until Monday morning and ask Technical Support for some help.

In the meanwhile as the software relies on Internet Explorer in the background, whether or not you actually use it yourself, make sure IE is totally up to date and at default settings.

Resetting IE as Peter suggested seems to be the best solution though another would be to download from the server in another country. That is  set country in web page and enter your account say if you are in US download from Canada or Australia. The impression I get is it is a Mcafee server issue where the network tries to download a file and cannot. Try these before calling support

Message 6 of 25

Re: Re: Total Protection - 12152 error at installation

Hi ,

This error means McAfee couldn't download a specific file(s) from the server. Please let know if you are still facing the issue.

hafue
Level 7
Message 7 of 25

Hi all, thanks for your replies!

1) I deleted all cache data in IE, afterwards I reseted IE to factory default. (including reboot)

2) changed country to Switzerland and also to US, everytime the same mistake.

So obviously no solution so far.

While we await Selvan he is the forum tech try using Firefox to install Mcafee..

Also run MCPR here

How to uninstall or re-install supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool

In case part Mcafee is installed and blocking the new install. Also reset IE as well

Message 9 of 25

hafue wrote:

Hi all, thanks for your replies!

1) I deleted all cache data in IE, afterwards I reseted IE to factory default. (including reboot)

2) changed country to Switzerland and also to US, everytime the same mistake.

So obviously no solution so far.

Please go to www.speedtest.net and test the speed of your Internet connection. Post back the results here.

hafue
Level 7
Message 10 of 25

2015-10-01 21_53_53-Filme & TV.png