cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is other Application Protection software running that is not compatible with McAfee Internet Security. Please remove any other Application Protection programs previously installed.

I just purchased McAfee Internet Security for my Mac.  I can't install it.  I get the following error:

"There is other Application Protection software running that is not compatible with McAfee  Internet Security. Please remove any other Application Protection programs previously installed."

Does anyone have a fix?

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: There is other Application Protection software running that is not compatible with McAfee Internet Security. Please remove any other Application Protection programs previously installed.

This isn't endpoint is it, you posted in that forum. If consumer I will flag this for the techs and move it (the post) to another forum).

That error usually pops up if you have say another scanner installed such as malwarebytes superantispyware etc. You can say skip and the install proceeds but only the free non real time scanning software are safe to use ie ons as they come with a real time scanning component. If you had norton the message ould show.

So did it say what was the product that was not compatible? The above comment is from my experience with consumer windows version we mods are not apple users so usuall pass these questions up the line so please let me know if I need to move this post

on 23/01/13 6:43:40 EST AM
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: There is other Application Protection software running that is not compatible with McAfee Internet Security. Please remove any other Application Protection programs previously installed.

Meanwhile there are two FAQ's in the Home Product Support website that may help, HERE and HERE.

I am a home user, sorry for posting in the wrong place.  Thanks for your help.

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Moved to Home and Home Office > Other McAfee Consumer Products for better attention.

As we Mods have little experience with MAC products you might want to contact Technical Support direclty.  It's free by phone or online chat and available through Useful Links at the top of this page.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 23/01/13 9:19:58 EST PM
Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.