cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "know more" window always corrupts

Please see the first picture below. The link in the red circle is "了解更多", which means "Know More". If I click it, it will open a new window.

However, the new window corrupts every time. I have waited for 5 minutes, however, it still has nothing but only a title bar. Please see the second picture below.

Furthermore, when I try to close this window by clicking the close button, it has NO RESPONSE.

So I have to force it to terminate.

How to solve this problem?

Best regards.

Click to know more.png

Know More Window Corrupts.png

12 Replies

Re: The "know more" window always corrupts

I assume this is in the Firewall section or another?

I clicked on Learn more and after around 3 minutes McAfee help pops up. Not what I call speedy. Down bottom right says Waiting for smarthelp.mcafee.com..

Retried in antispam area

Might try an uninstall reinstall but I feel this is a bug so will report it in our call to the techs Monday US time.

service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

Ok I noticed that several links in my signature I use will not work. these all Mcafee server links so I would assume the Mcafee server is not working properly so retry the learn more link is a couple hours.

Hayton
Level 18
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 13

I agree that this is the "Learn More" option in Firewall. When I clicked on it an Internet Explorer tab opened which contained the single word "Redirect".  It took about 5 minutes for the Help page to load.

TCPView shows I have two active connections to two McAfee servers in California. Using UTrace, which has a SpeedTest option, I tested the connection speeds for these servers (4.63MBits/second download, 0.87Mbits/second upload). This is slow, but does not explain the time lag. My guess is that one of these servers is undergoing maintenance and a backup server is dealing with the Help requests.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 4 of 13

service.mcafee.com appears to be down at present which may have bearing on this problem.

Hayton
Level 18
Message 5 of 13

Re: Re: The "know more" window always corrupts

Pinging service.mcafee.com [205.227.136.88] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 205.227.136.88:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Note, that's a different server and location to the ones I checked earlier

exbrit
Level 21
Message 6 of 13

Re: Re: The "know more" window always corrupts

You're right.  On mine that button is "Learn More" and it leads to the appropriate section in the Help section, which, in English at least, seems to be working OK, so maybe some of the other language pages are not working correctly.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 7 of 13

if you wait longer does that second page ever load?    I ask because it looks exactly the same as our English language one, and the text takes quite a long time to load up at the moment.

Capture.JPG

@Ex_Brit

Yes. The correct translation should be "Learn More" rather than "Know More". I am sorry for the mistake.

Just now, I opened the "learn more" window and left it open.

I found that it was still blank after 3 minutes. However, after 9 minutes then, the content appeared.

The first screenshot below shows the same content (in Chinese) as yours.

In addition, I cannot open the url "service.mcafee.com", either.

The second screenshot below exhibits a part of the "tracert" result corresponding to "service.mcafee.com". Here "请求超时" means "Request Timeout".

Mcafee Learn More for Firewall.png

service mcafee response timeout.png

Yes, this is the firewall section.

And the same problem occurs when I click the "learn more" links in the other sections.

I would appreciate it if you could report this bug.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 10 of 13

Hi, glad it worked....finally !    I reported service.mcafee.com being down about 8 hours ago, so they should be working on it.