Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
steve7
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Temp Files

I use McAfee to remove cookies and trackers.   However, it always leaves temp files, 42 of them.  Where, exactly, would they be so I can delete them manually?

If I go into C - Windows - Temp, the folder is filled with a lot more files, over 2 GB worth, so those 42 files aren't in there.

I could delete those files myself (should I?), but where are the 42?

Windows 8.1.

Thanks.

2 Replies

Re: Temp Files

Hi Steve,

Temp files that are in use by another application may not be deleted and will not be manually deleted as well. Restart the machine and try running Quick clean again or try to delete all the files under temp folder manually.

Regards,

Siddhartha.R

McAfee Tier 2.5 Techncian

steve7
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Temp Files

I run the quick clean maybe once a week, and there's always temp files that aren't removed.  So doing it again won't remove them.   I guess these particular files, as you said, don't get removed.  

Update:  I removed all those temp files, ran Quick clean and those 42 files are still there, and 12 System files.  Don't remember having any system files leftover before.

I kept the temp files that I deleted in my recycle bin, just in case. 

McAfee Support Mobile App Available
With the new McAfee Support Mobile App you’ll be able to update, close, and view service requests on your mobile device. The app will also notify you when one of our technical support engineers update a service request. Download the Android version from Google Play and the iOS version from the Apple App Store today!