cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patrickson
Level 7

Spotify & McAfee conflict

I've recently started using (or trying to use) Spotify again but found everytime I start the program mcshield process takes a huge amount of CPU resouce and Spotify fails to run. Disabling real time scanning and the firewall makes everything better so obviously some conflict with Spotify and McAfee.

Any suggestions how to resolve this?

Thanks

5 Replies
nehalreads
Level 10

Re: Spotify & McAfee conflict

Hi patrickson,

Please provide few infomation that i can provide you some workaround or a solution.

Your Operating system ? , Service Pack ? , Total RAM size ?,  RAM left ?, Version of McAfee installed ?. Please take a screen shot of McAfee - about and CPU usage from task manager and post here .

0 Kudos
patrickson
Level 7

The problem seems to have gone away now - both programs behaving normally. This was the first time I'd used a new install of Spotify - possibly something to do with initial Spotify cache setup? Will post again if the problem re-occurs.

0 Kudos
nehalreads
Level 10

Hi patrickson,

That's great. Kindly post back ; if there is any issue    

0 Kudos
karthiks
Level 12

Patrickson,

When you post back if any issues kindly get the details asked by Nehal for further steps

0 Kudos
andrew2012
Level 7

i just started having these problems w/ my mcafee and spotify and it has brought my spotify to its knees!

windows 8 64 bit

4gb ram

integrated video

i5 2.7 Ghz

the problems started today after i updated spotify

Untitled.png

0 Kudos