cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yiasou
Level 7

Software getting along together

Question - Will McAfee get along with other secruity software like, Lavasoft, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, etc. ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Aldrin
Level 12

Re: Software getting along together

It's really not recommended to have multiple security programs to run in a computer coz it would either impact the computer’s performance or make either any one of the program to malfunction. And to answer your question, Yes these programs may conflict with McAfee

0 Kudos
ConorD62
Level 12

Hi,

Although Malwarebytes FREE doesn't conflict with McAfee.

Seeing as they don't have Real Time Protection for the free version.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
yiasou
Level 7

Thank You

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

yiasou wrote:

Question - Will McAfee get along with other secruity software like, Lavasoft, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, etc. ?

Basically it is OK to run 1 antivirus and 1 software firewall (1 hardware firewall also OK as in a router for instance) and one or more antispyware application as long as the latter has no real-time protection antivirus component.

Running 2 or more antivirus applications can actually leave you open to infection as they can feasilbly cancel each other out.

I've outlined one or two antispyware applications that I use or have used here:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2168

I believe that Lavasoft Adaware now has an antiviral component so isn't recommended and Spybot is OK minus its Teatimer compionent but I prefer SpywareBlaster, Windows Defender (included in Vista and Windows 7) & MalwareBytes - all FREE versions only, unless you want to pay for SpywareBlaster's auto-update, otherwise make sure you keep them updated and run a scan occasionally.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 28/01/11 6:51:57 EST PM
0 Kudos
yiasou
Level 7

Thank You

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I just altered the URL for that link I gave, it's now https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2168

Good luck. ;-)

0 Kudos