cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
widjen
Level 7

Software downloads but wont open

I downloaded my sotware but it wont open.  The anti theft software will but not the total protection.   I have already uninstalled  the old software and run the preinstall program, they both seem to work good.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
k3tg
Level 14

Re: Software downloads but wont open

Try uninstalling via Add/Remove programs and rebooting the computer. Then go to Useful Links at the top of this page and run the MCPR removal tool. MCPR will remove any remnants of the software that failed to install properly.

Next step is to run the McAfee preinstall tool

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe

Then login to your online McAfee account and download and install your software.Let us know how this works for you.

Good Luck

on 6/19/10 9:36:56 PM EDT
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

You haven't another AV program installed that will do this as well. If this not present and Tom's suggestion does not work try the contact (chat) path via the technical support link in the useful links tab at the top of this page.

0 Kudos
widjen
Level 7

I tried everything Tom said and it still does the same thing.   I tried the chat and email links but when I fill out the personal info page it keeps saying I have entered an invalid phone number and wont let me proceed so that hasnt been any help.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

use phone numer in Us fomat. We mods mentioned this a while ago but no-one fixed it.

FYI - enter the phone number like this 123-456-7890 format and it will  work.  So you will have to juggle with your dialling codes.

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hello widjen,

Please let me know what is the operating system that we use in the computer ?
Also do we have any other security software in the computer ?
Did we run the MCPR tool and reinstall the programs and try opening mcAfee ?

Please get back with the following details so that we could get this sorted .

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos