cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karl_p
Level 7

Small business security - Installation incomplete: Try installing them again.

Hi Guys,

I'm a little lost on this error I'm receiving.

I can't install small business security on my laptop.

Laptop is:

HP Elitebook

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

16GB of RAM

1.5 HDD

Issue just started on the last windows update.

Restarted after the update and all of the sudden real time protection kept turning off.

I would re-enable it and seconds later it would be off again.

I also notice that I was missing (can't remember exactly the name) a file named mcagent.exe.

I uninstalled the product, thinking I could just reinstall it.

Not the case in my situation. It gets to part 3 of the installation and gives me the error attached.

As anyone else had this problem? Or know of a fix?

Here is what I've tried so far:

1. Reinstall. Didn't work.

2. Use MCPR.exe to do clean up

3. Restart computer.

4. Use MVT.exe

5. Restart computer

6. Reinstall. Didn't work.

7. Do steps 2 to 5 again.

8. Remove all C++ Redistributables.

9 Restart computer.

10. Install latest C++ Redist.

11. Restart computer.

12. Reinstall. Didn't work.

13. Do steps 2 to 5 again.

14. Uninstall C++ 2010 Redist.

15. Restart computer.

16. Install C++ 2010 Redist.

17. Restart computer.

18. Reinstall.  Didn't work.

19. Do steps 2 to 5 again.

20. Disable windows defender.

21. Restart computer.

22. Reinstall.  Didn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

0 Kudos
9 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Small business security - Installation incomplete: Try installing them again.

MCPR is only for Consumer software, it is not applicable to Small Business or Enterprise products. 

I've moved this to Business General Discussion where I hope you'll get an answer.

---

Peter

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Small business security - Installation incomplete: Try installing them again.

What Country are you in? I might be able to find the support number for you.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

On further reading the MCPR tool may be applicable to your software after all, but I would rather you speak to Technical Support.

Plus I see from your profile you are in Australia where Technical Support is available toll-free by phone 24/7.

It is here, just adjust your country  accordingly at the top if necessary:

Technical Support/Customer Service

karl_p
Level 7

I'm in Melbourne, Australia. Thank you for any help.

I've been using tech support via chat for the past 2 days.

I've told them the same things I listed in my original post.

Tech escalated to tier 2 support and after remoting my computer for some time, they said to me that it is because I'm on Windows 10 Insider preview.

To which I said I had been using Mcafee small business security for over a year now on Windows 10 insider preview without issue.

What I can't understand is why it's not working now. All I did was uninstall it and then attempt to reinstall.

Since this is taking longer than I thought, I have tried several other antivirus programs to see if this was a common problem.

But so far all the others have worked fine and completed installation. So a little lost and would love to be back on team Mcafee asap.

Thanks again for any help.

catdaddy
Level 20

I thought Windows 10 Insider Preview was considered to be a 'Beta Version Release? Of course I could be mistaken? Anyhow Colleague ExBrit is far more knowledgeable in regards to Windows 10,as I am running Windows 7 Sp1 still.

Perhaps since he is subscribed to this thread, he will add further to the discussion. I did find this though...Although I am uncertain in regards to the Small Buisness Software?

Support for Windows 10 with all McAfee consumer security software

All the Best

Cliff/CD

Intel/McAfee

Community Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Yes any Insider Version of an OS is considered a beta version and officially not supported.   But at least they are investigating it.

Which is good I suppose.

If you need to contact Technical Support again I would try the phone method, it's quicker, but I suppose Chat is OK too.

I am using a multi-boot system, x64 Win 7 SP1 plus 2 x Win 10 Pro (Anniversary Edition) and have no issues with the consumer software, which I believe is similar to yours.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

BTW I would put that Visual C++ component back as something may need it.

The only thing that is the problem is your Insider Build...the software detects that as an unknown and therefore doesn't properly install.

If it's just an antivirus you want, you could try McAfee Cloud A/V but it is AV only, no Firewall.   So Windows Firewall would be on.

Best part is, it's free:  McAfee® Cloud AV

All it installs is a small interface.  If it installs on an Insider Build, that I'm afraid I can't guarantee.

If not then you're back to Windows Defender and Firewall for protection.   Unless you do what I did eventually and left the Insider Program.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Last reply expanded somewhat.  FYI.

0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

I would suggest you register for the Beta Program at http://beta.mcafee.com and have the same installed in your PC running Insider preview of Windows 10.