cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isabella
Level 7

Site Advisor not visible in the toolbar

Jump to solution

i already installed and uninstalled McAfee siteadvisor from my laptop three times and still i think it doesn't installed properly. Because the plug-in is still not visible in the toolbar and whenever i search using yahoo, i still cannot see any McAfee icons beside the search results. I am using Vista Home Edition. I hope somebody will help me to this matter. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hayton
Level 18

Re: Site Advisor not visible in the toolbar

Jump to solution

Have you tried updating Firefox? You have the latest update in the v3.x series, but it may be that SiteAdvisor is no longer fully backward-compatible with the older versions. That's just speculation, though. First, check that the SiteAdvisor plug-in is enabled - go into Tools-->Add-ons-->Plugins and see what version of SiteAdvisor is listed and whether it's Enabled.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Hayton
Level 18

Jump to solution

Which browser are you using?

0 Kudos
isabella
Level 7

Jump to solution

mozilla firefox ver.3.6.23

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

Jump to solution

Have you tried updating Firefox? You have the latest update in the v3.x series, but it may be that SiteAdvisor is no longer fully backward-compatible with the older versions. That's just speculation, though. First, check that the SiteAdvisor plug-in is enabled - go into Tools-->Add-ons-->Plugins and see what version of SiteAdvisor is listed and whether it's Enabled.

0 Kudos
isabella
Level 7

Jump to solution

it works! i updated firefox, and saw mcafee add-on in the toolbar. thanks!

0 Kudos
JaiPrakash
Level 12

Jump to solution

Great !!! Glad that you are OK now  . Please do let us know if any other issues .

Thanks

0 Kudos
JaiPrakash
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

It appears like this issue needs some more diagnostics, I have sent you an e-mail requesting for more details on the same. Kindly have it replied so that we can help you better on this issue.

0 Kudos