Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 44

Re: Single file scan

OK I will ask about this.  It's been reported before but I can never repro it on my machine.

Thanks.

Reliable Contributor
Message 12 of 44

OK this is a known issue and is only affecting a few people apparently.   In your case, because A.T. & T. are handling your Internet service/McAfee contact them and point out that McAfee has open tickets on this, so hopefully they will then pass your case on to them.

I just tried it again and it still only scans 1 file here, which of course is what's supposed to happen.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/08/12 4:50:23 EDT PM
terrye
Level 7
Message 13 of 44

The first time I was given misinfo from AT&T to complety uninstall McAfee to fix the internet problem, then reinstall it, when all I had to do was use VT to fix it. That's when this problem started. Now AT&T tells me that it did not install right and to uninstall it and reinstall it. I don't think they know what is wrong and this is something to get rid of me. I also wonder how many times I can go to their site and reinstall it.

The first time I uninstalled McAfee using the uninstall programs, then reinstalled as per the web site. I was a Systems Tech for AT&T for 30 years and took care of 90 PC's so I have done this sort of thing before.

Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 44

Did you use the MCPR cleanup tool after uninstalling in the normal way?   Linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

It may help to make a clean installation succeed.

terrye
Level 7
Message 15 of 44

I did not the first time but I will next time. Not sure when I will get to it, maybe tonight maybe Tuesday.

Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 44

Good luck and if you get errors the first time run it again.

terrye
Level 7
Message 17 of 44

Did a complete CLEAN uninstall, everything went ok.

Did a reinstall from AT&T web site, reinstalled with no errors.

Problem still there. Here are the ver. of the software installed from AT&T, not sure how it compares to yours, but I did not have this problem until I updated.

McAfee Security Center

V 11.0

Build 11.0.678

Affid 679

Last update 8/28/2012

McAfee Virus Scan

v 15

Bulid 15.0.302

Last Update 8/28/2012

DAT v 6817.000

DAT Update 8/27/2012

Boot DAT 6802.000

Boot DAT update 8/13/2012

ENG v 5400.1158

Reliable Contributor
Message 18 of 44

The software you show corresponds to mine exactly...no Personal Firewall and Siteadvisor?

Not that it matters really I suppose, they should be the same as mine I would imagine.

I have no idea in that case why it would be behaving as it does.

Technical Support would have to start another case and you should ask them to escalate it...startiung by asking A.T. & T. to escalate it to McAfee.

The only thing I can assume is that somewhere behind the scenes, A.T. & T. have altered some code, but what is anyone's guess.

terrye
Level 7
Message 19 of 44

I have both Personal Firewall and Siteadvisor, I just left them out for relevance. I've not got a lot of confidence in AT&T. I may try again, or maybe just give up. McAfee should check files that are downloaded as they come, and I have both spybot and malware bytes to check single files for malware. Maybe an update or VT will fix it if more people have the problem. I'll run VT every so often.

Reliable Contributor
Message 20 of 44

See the last link in my signature below...we don't recommend Spybot, but if you have it don't on any account activate Teatimer as it messes with McAfee badly.  Also Malwarebytes hopefully is the free version as I'm not too sure that the Pro version's active scanner may also interfere.

A thought, when you right-click the file to scan I trust you are picking the right 'Scan' - the one with the McAfee logo?  There'll be more than one there if you have that software installed.

I assume you are of course as this issue has been reported before.

It is weird I must admit.

Anyway I wish you the best of luck 😉

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community