cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
terrye
Level 7

Single file scan

I just reloaded AT&T internet security now the single file scan brings up a quick scan of the whole computer. Any help?

0 Kudos
43 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Single file scan

Are you sure it's the entire computer?  Usually it will scan all associated registry keys as well as that actual file, so it sometimes appears to be scanning a lot more, but if you let it run it will complete pretty quickly.

Try running the Virtual Technician to see if there are any problems that need repairing:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

0 Kudos
terrye
Level 7

I had already ran VT, everything was ok. I was using this before I had to reload McAfee because of the internet connectivity problem that McAfee had with AT&T, so I know how it should work, but now if I right click on 1 file Quick Scan opens and starts scaning in the Windows/system 32 dir., after the first 1053 files are scaned without scaning the file I right clicked on, I shut it down.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

OK I believe you.  There have been a few reports of this happening but we Moderators can never reproduce it.  Best to open a ticket with Technical Support if you wouldn't mind.   They're linked under Useful Links at the top of this page and it's free by phone or online chat.

0 Kudos
terrye
Level 7

Just fyi after waiting 40 min. McAfee would not talk to me because I got it from AT&T.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

What?   How crazy.  I'll ask about this on our conference call on Monday and get back to you.  Just for my info can you post your operating system and service pack info plus the version of SecurityCenter - open it and click About.

0 Kudos
terrye
Level 7

Windows 7 Home Prem. SP1

AT&T Internet Security Suite Powered by McAfee

V 11.0

Build 11.0.678

affld 679

Last Update 8/26/12

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

OK I'll see what they say about this and let you know. 

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Just to clarify...you right click the 1 file (as against a folder) in Windows Explorer, select Scan, and it starts a complete scan?

0 Kudos
terrye
Level 7

Yes, a complete Quick Scan

0 Kudos