1) Fix the W7 64 compatibility problems (I am dreading the day I receive the 2010 version updates "unannouced" & will likely leave McAfee for good if the upgrade causes any problems, instability or crashes).Mine very stable on win 7 64 bit and 32 bit.
2) Add the alert sounds back as an option (FYI they don't work even in the "2009" versions on W7 64).Already sent to them as a priority 2 wish list item.
3) Add the ability to customize the *scheduled* scans (type of scan; file size or type or drives/folder locations, etc).Ditto Priority 1
4) Provide specific alerts that inform the user that an update is a *software* update that may require rebooting and/or disabling/uninstalling other security apps in order to proceed properly. EVERY other ISS and standalone security app I have ever used (and even Windows Update) uses a balloon from the system tray (or similar means) with something along the lines of "new software updates are available. install NOW or LATER? may require reboot." Yep that 2 already in list as Priority 1
5) Get rid of smart timer. or at least give option to disable it. the new 10.5 has some improvement feature wrt updates P1 as well
6) Larger or resizable GUI that's actually legible.P3
7) More intuitive and easier way to find the "about" information (software version, DAT version) that only takes 1 click in the 2009 GUI.Agreed tho once you know where is is 2 clicks only needed
😎 Oh, and improve the detections/security, especially for the firewall -- MBAM has successfully blocked numerous bad IPs that have not even been noticed by McAfee. Hmm not seen this is MAB running active? ie is it the registered version if so it it known to clash with virusscan when both tries to scan same file. Not well up with MWB so can you elaborate
9) Fix the networking issue w/disappearing devices on system reboot. Bug reported 4 weeks ago in beta. No reply yet reasked last Monday in our meeting
So you see these and 10 more suggestions have already been laid in front of the developers. What gets added is out of our grimy paws.
i ask about the 2 year extension they told me that they can not do amything at the moment to keep watching the website they should be posting something soon they offered a friend of mine 6 months and he said about the two year extension they posted when this hit they said it was for the ones that was hit severely
If these problems can`t be rectified i can`t see how anyone would wan`t 2 years.Even for free.While people play the waiting game and wonder if they are infected.I am at a loss for words.
Still waiting tromine,
Found more concerns today in Mcafee Firewall.As you can see when clicking on to the link here under learn more i was greeted with a page.I am no computer wizard but this page does not look proper for what i was supposed to link to.As you can see here in image 2.Can anyone tell me what is going on here PLEASE.As i have now resorted to haveing to beg for help.This is great.
This happened also a while back.After exiting out it and retrying it took me to hackerwatch page that said this is a windows componant? Thanks Jack
Its beyond me what you're trying to do with your svchost.exe file and Firewall...but I will personally call our top line Support team right now. Do me a favor and send me a private message via the Community page, with your phone number so one of our guys can call if necessary.
Tromine,I will do this.When i spoke with you about some of my other problems about a week ago.You said that"sounds fishy"I will have someone look into it and get back to you.They never did.Also i am not trying to do anything.
with my svchost file and Mcafee firewall.Windows says i am not protected.Mcafee says i am.I have not been able to get an answer to this and other problems on this forum.I was looking through the Mcafee firewall and wanted to check out some of the programs that have been granted full access.When i clicked on learn more this is what showed up.Mcafee put this file in here.I am not sure what your saying but i will try to get in touch.If you go to post 26 on this page you can see for yourself.
Message was edited by: newjack on 5/12/10 5:18:36 PM EDTMessage was edited by: newjack on 5/12/10 5:22:49 PM EDT
I tried reproducing this but havent been able to without breaking my xml installation first. I suggest you reinstall XML 3 and XML 4 from Microsoft. Also make sure you are up to date with Windows. It probably wouldn't hurt to reset your browser to defaults.
As far as the McAfee Firewall everything is running fine. The problem is just that the link can't be followed from your PC.
Here is a screeshot from mine when clicking that link.
For all Dutch users, here's the link to let McAfee know you want to be compensated and apply for the 2 year extension:
I just got off the phone with McAfee, who informed me that the deadline for submitting reimbursemnet applications was May 31st. We had people on this forum asking as late as May 11 where the information was on the website re 5958 reimbursement. And I work for a living, so I really don't have time to keep checking a website for a solution that should have been offered at the time of the screw-up. What a horrible, horrible business model. I cancelled my automatic renewal, and for the rest of my days I will tell anyone who wants to know what an outstandingly bad company McAfee is.