cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DarkAcid
Level 7

Settings Gear Doesn't Work Total Protection

I updated my McAfee from a renewal and out of the three computer I installed this on and I can't get the gear icon to pop up anything under it such as "General Settings and Alerts," "Quaratine Items," etc.  I did the McAfee clean removal tool and installed a fresh copy without any luck.  Any ideas?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Settings Gear Doesn't Work Total Protection

---

--Hi

The same thing has happened to mine on occasion.  Try restarting the system (power off and on) and all should be well.

If this is Windows 10, please turn off Fast Start (a.k.a. Fast Boot) before doing the above (it prevents a complete shutdown, and instead puts the machine always to sleep).

Tutorial HERE for a BIOS-based system

Tutorial HERE for a UEFI-based system.

BTW it makes little difference to your boot time.

---
Peter
Toronto, Canada
---

Regards

0 Kudos
DarkAcid
Level 7

Did a complete shutdown and still having the same issue.  I've been running McAfee for a number of years, but with this new GUI I seem to be having some issues when trying to pull up the settings.  I am running Windows 10, but like I said, never had an issue before.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Sorry I have not seen it happen had some extra tabs and tabs missing along the bottom of pages but these when after restarting teh GUI best you

1. post a pic and

Call support using the link to consumer support an the bottom of this page.

https://service.mcafee.com/

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

---

--Thx PK ;-)

---
Peter
Toronto, Canada
---

0 Kudos
DarkAcid
Level 7

McAfee.jpgI'm unable to get any of these settings working under the gear when clikcing on them.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Try turning off any pop-up blockers you have in your browser or on the desktop.

Otherwise I can only suggest calling Technical Support.

0 Kudos
DarkAcid
Level 7

Since McAfee is not using the browser I can't imagine that being the issue.  I called tech support and the only thing they wanted to do was remote into omy computer.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

---

--It was merely a thought....obviously not a good one.

---
Peter
Toronto, Canada
---

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Mcafee interface does use IE to create the interface at least the old one did. The popup box you are missing is old code so something is stopping it displaying. I thought a popup blocker as well but the tech mentioned below said no as well.

In our moderator/helpers call today the tech said this issue has been seen in several other user's installs and is being looked into.

0 Kudos