cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ConorD62
Level 12

SecurityCenter v11?

Is this new out?

I had an update and it wasn't moving, then my McAfee wouldn't update, and it wasn't responding, so I closed it, and then it kind of looked like a mixture of the two in Security Reports because it was all over the place.

And then when I went to shut down my laptop because two processors were murdering the computer, It wouldn't shut down and hanged on "Shutting Down..." screen, so I had to hard-reboot and the Windows Error Recovery screen came up.

When I first logged in, McAfee's Real time was on/off again, but it fixed itself after I updated,

Then I rebooted.

It looks good, but updating and Scanning uses more CPU than it used to, and Trusted items isn't working, or am I just blind?

P.S, Updating takes longer than V10, but Scanning seems to be lightning quick.

Message was edited by: ConorD62 on 6/1/11 11:43:43 PM IST
0 Kudos
5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: SecurityCenter v11?

It shouldn't use as many resources as before so it may be corrupt and I suggest you uninstall in the normal way - Control Panel  and then run the MCPR cleanup tool listed under Useful Links at the top of this page, and reboot.  Then reinstall from your online account.

Yes MSC v11 is the new 2011 one.

0 Kudos
ConorD62
Level 12

During a Scheduled Scan that is running now, I have no options to skip or trust an item?

Other than that, it's running fine, only ever uses resources when it updates and when it scans.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I wish there were and we have suggested it but you can add them prior to starting.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
ConorD62
Level 12

Oh right,

Because in the Trusted Items part it's description is;

McAfee will no longer detect these threats in your next scan because you chose to trust them during a scan.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

One caveat to remember, the real-time scanner may still detect something whether or not you've told the manual or scheduled scan to ignore.

We are campaigning to get that feature too.

0 Kudos