Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tom33
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 17

Security history help

Hi

i am trying to look at my McAFee  LiveSafe internet security. security history when i try to go in to i just get this. it just keeps spinning and spinning. can anyone please tell me how to fix it? thank you Screenshot (3).png

16 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20
Message 2 of 17

Re: Security history help

Moved to Consumer > General Discussion > Discussions

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
Level 20
Message 3 of 17

Does it eventually stop spinning, and show your information?  The reason I ask is this has always been the case from my experience, however after as long as a couple of minutes it finally stops and discloses your Security History. Of course I do not check mine very often either.

To be quite frank, I am not sure if running the McAfee Virtual Technician will be worth trying, especially if all else is functioning fine? It could be a minor bug in the software that needs to be addressed, however it has taken a Tad long in past Versions/Builds also before it finally opens and reveals your information.

Other than contacting Technical Support, you could try doing a Clean Uninstall/Reinstall following these Guidelines/Instructions: How to uninstall or re-install supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool

Should you feel uncomfortable doing so yourself, you can contact Technical Support 24/7 via Phone/Online Chat being much quicker:  Services and Support for Home and Office

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

I would add that from what we have seen the history is cleared every 90 days so we have been told.  At least that is the impression we get.

catdaddy
Level 20
Message 5 of 17

Thanks PK

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
Level 20
Message 6 of 17

Actually I just checked mine and it took 4 mins 45 sec to retrieve my info. I had 16 pages of info, however I run a Scheduled Scan weekly plus all the other events taking on my behalf by McAfee.

I also agree with PK that all is purged every 90 days, as we have been told.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
Level 21
Message 7 of 17

Mine is still spinning after 4 minutes....it will eventually stop and the history will show, that particular part has always been slow.

Might be a good item for the suggestion "box".   A speedier history report opening. 

exbrit
Level 21
Message 8 of 17

- mine is still spinning so something must be wrong somewhere, in the Cloud I assume.  I believe not all of those records are held locally so maybe a server is down.

However, I'm going to make that a question for Monday's Conference Call with McAfee and will report back.

catdaddy
Level 20
Message 9 of 17

I was just thinking of doing the same Peter

I mentioned it in another thread in the VH.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
tom33
Level 8
Message 10 of 17

Hi Catdaddy

sorry it  took me so long to get back you. I have tried it a couple times today and just keeps spinning and spinning.