Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halton
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 18

Security History

Jump to solution

I just tried to access my security history by  navigation center. When I clicked on the security option first I got the error message requested log not found and then it started searching for the log. I tried turning the computer off completely and waiting a minute or so and then turning it back on in the hopes that this might do the trick but it didn't so I am writing this message. How can I fix this?

I enclosed a print screen of both messages.

Thank you.

Jerry.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21
Message 7 of 18

Re: Security History

Jump to solution

Not serious.  If it really worried you the only real cure would be uninstall, run the MCPR cleanup tool, reboot and then reinstall from the online account.

17 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Message 2 of 18

Jump to solution

Hi Jerry, I moved this to General Discussions as a better spot.

I can't make out those pics as they're too small for my eyesight -  but I do know that Security History takes ages to load (mine takes almost 10 minutes to load).

It's a known issue they're dealing with in some patch or other, when I'm not sure.

Run the Virtual Technician to see if there are problems needing fixing:  https://mvt.mcafee.com/

exbrit
Level 21
Message 3 of 18

Re: Re: Security History

Jump to solution

BTW pictures are best added in JPG, PNG or GIF's using the camera symbol (below) not added as attachments.

Capture.JPG

halton
Level 9
Message 4 of 18

Jump to solution

McAfee Security Center error message.jpgMcAfee Security Center error message1.jpg

I  re posted them for the record I am hoping that you can read them now. If not thank you for everything.

Jerry

exbrit
Level 21
Message 5 of 18

Jump to solution

Still can't but it doesn't really matter.  FYI I find the Snipping Tool is useful for those sorts of things.

halton
Level 9
Message 6 of 18

Jump to solution

I tried looking for the Security History and let it try and load for approximately an hour with no results. I went into my McAfee folder and accessed the logs folder and there weren't any logs in the folder. Could the logs be hidden files.

I am running Windows Vista HomePremium 32 bit. I am now running Google Chrome.

Is this serious?

Jerry

exbrit
Level 21
Message 7 of 18

Jump to solution

Not serious.  If it really worried you the only real cure would be uninstall, run the MCPR cleanup tool, reboot and then reinstall from the online account.

Jump to solution

Out of interest what version of Mcafee are you running most current 14.0.8145 or 65 The history issue was improved upon recently but some users with Mcafee supplied by partners/ISPs can lag a few versions..

halton
Level 9
Message 9 of 18

Jump to solution

Thank you for responding here is the information you requested.

Version 14.0

Build 14.0.339

Jerry

exbrit
Level 21
Message 10 of 18

Jump to solution

PK is right, a recent update fixed it, well - made it better (it still takes a few minutes).  If you get your software via a 3rd party such as your ISP or PC maker, chances are you'll be behind with some of the software.

That's no worry but, as in this case, can be inconvenient.