cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
regdocnoh
Level 7

Security Centre shippped with Dell... reinstallation

When I bought a new Win7 Dell Desktop, it was shipped with 15 months' free Antivirus McAfee 10 Security Centre.

By mischance I uninstalled it, but now want to reinstall it to get use of the outstanding subscription.

I have searched the various disks that Dell sent, but can finf nothing that clearly refers to Mc Afee.

Can anyone help me with this problem, please?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
k3tg
Level 14

Re: Security Centre shippped with Dell... reinstallation

I am assuming you have registered your software with McAfee so the information concerning your subscription would be on file with respect to the 15 month subscription..

Before you reinstall, run the MCPR removal tool which is found at the top of this page under Useful Links. MCPR will remove any traces of McAfee that failed to completely remove when you uninstalled before. Be sure to reboot the computer and then login to your online McAfee account https://home.mcafee.com/Secure/Protected/Login.aspx?affid=105 and download and install your software.

You should be good to go and good luck to you

0 Kudos
regdocnoh
Level 7

Well I thought I had, but when I raised a query on another matter there was no trace of me. I managed to get to the registration page and it too said no items. That was even though there was an email addess in the login box.

Pass word did not work, so asked for reset, but no email came through.

On the other matter I have been in contactm but TBH I find the replies verbose and complicated. That does not encourage me to go there again.

0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

You will need to contact McAfee Customer Service and they should be able to sort it out for you. http://service.mcafee.com/FinishInfo.aspx?lc=1033&sg=CS&pt=1&st=PHONE

They may need you to fax a copy of your Dell invoice as proof of purchase.

Message was edited by: k3tg on 7/31/10 7:15:55 PM EDT
0 Kudos
regdocnoh
Level 7

Reply from llink is "Error Occured"

0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

Go to Useful Links and click on Customer Service and follow the prompts.

Another way to reach them is by telephone 866-622-3911

Message was edited by: k3tg on 8/1/10 7:48:54 AM EDT
0 Kudos
regdocnoh
Level 7

Thanks!

Used the online link and now awaiting response. I'll try to remember to tell of the result.

BTW I am in the UK just outside our New Forest so the phone would not have been a cheap option

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hello,
Could you please confirm if you have your issue resolved as of now. If not please let us know .

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos