cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBADesign
Level 7

Security Centre Won't Stay Updated, How do I fix this?

Hi,

I am running Mcafee Security Centre version 10 with virus scan version 14 on both a Vista and XP operating system (desktop PCs) and today I am experiencing problems with both.

They both keep saying "Your computer is at risk" and that I need to update. When I click check for updates it tells me it's downloading updates and then the board goes green and says "Your computer is secure". However, a matter of a minute or two later the board goes red again and say "Your computer is at risk" and need to update again.

I can access Mcafee website OK and I have run a virus scan on both machines and it didn't find any problems.

They are both currently set to download and install updates automatically and real time scanning is currently ON.

How do I resolve this issue so that both stay updated?

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Dinz
Level 16

Re: Security Centre Won't Stay Updated, How do I fix this?

Hi,

Could you please provide the following information ;

How are both the computer’s connected to internet (xp/dsl/wireless)
Do they have any other security software installed in them
Also post me with a screen shot of your security center while the error occurs

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos
james25
Level 7

I have EXACTLY the same issue - very annoying. My PC's connected to the internet via wireless BT broadband, using Windows Vista and no other security software.

0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

Please provide us the DAT version details of McAfee VirusScan, also as Dinz requested add the screenshot of the Unprotected McAfee Security Center

0 Kudos
james25
Level 7

Explain how I find DAT version please? Screenshots uploaded

0 Kudos
james25
Level 7

It starts 'downloading' updates - though nothing downloads, turns green (attachment 1) and everything seems wonderful. Then twenty seconds later, it turns red again (attachment 2)

james25
Level 7

I've done the deletion of temporary files and the LAN settings bit, but the image for the security options isn't showing - which need unchecking?

Thanks

0 Kudos
james25
Level 7

Thanks - yes these were all checked and I have unchecked them and relaunched the internet but still doing exactly the same thing

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi,

Please get in touch with our chat technicians here they will remote in your Pc and deal with the issue and get this one fixed for you.

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos