cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Centre -- Old Engine Won't Update

Checking my McAfee Security Centre with the MVT, it said that I had an old Engine -- 5500 instead of 5600 -- and it said that it did a fix for me. However, my 'about' box states that I still have a 5500 engine (5500.1093), so it has not updated it. This has happened a couple of times. I have tried fixing it by clicking on 'update', but this has not updated the engine.

Firstly, does this affect the running of my Security Centre?

Secondly, how can I get the correct engine if MVT doesn't update it (despite its stating that it's fixed the problem) and clicking on 'update' doesn't work either?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Security Centre -- Old Engine Won't Update

MVT is probably running ahead of itself and giving erroneous information.  It's happened before.   If SecurityCenter isn't green and states it is protecting I would contact Technical Support directly.   It's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

You will automatically get the latest engine and DAT with auto-updates as long as your subscription is current.   Note that if you get your software from your ISP, PC maker or another 3rd party, there is a chance that they themselves haven't yet adopted an upgraded version.

The reason I add that is because the latest version uses a different engine and no DAT's so updates differently.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 03/10/13 7:54:04 EDT PM
0 Kudos

Thanks for that, I'll bear that in mind about MVT jumping the gun. My Security Centre has the green flash showing on it.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You're welcome.

0 Kudos

Please check the version of the Mcafee Software that you have installed. If the version of Mcafee Security Center is 11.6.xxx then you product are already running with latest version of engine.

0 Kudos