Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomas-escxv
Level 7

Secure internet connection

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am calling you because I have a problem with the McAfee firewall. My problem is this:

I unintentionally blocked the internet connection for the Farming Simulator 17 software and after many unsuccessful searches I still can not find the solution to the problem.

I posted messages on the Farming Simulator forum that sent me to you.

How to reactivate the Internet connection for blocked software?

Thanks in advance,

Have a nice day,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Secure internet connection

Jump to solution

Look below in your Lower Task Bar, by the clock for your McAfee Icon. Right click on it and open your software, then follow these instructions

Click on/Navigation/Firewall/Internet Connections for Programs/Expand/Reset Defaults.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
21 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

If I am not mistaken, this is (Gaming) software? You mentioned unintentionally blocked? Did by chance you notice a Prompt indicating a (False Artemis!) being detected?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
thomas-escxv
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, it is indeed a gaming software. I never noticed the message "False Artemis!" But when I go to the multiplayer menu, a message appears: "Please wait. Connection to the server ..." for one minute and after: "Unable to connect to the server".

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thank you. Normally when you have been using the Gaming software, and suddenly you cannot access it. It is because the version has changed and your McAfee software detects it. I am trying to determine if that was the culprit.

Could you open your McAfee User interface/Navigation/Quarantined Items/Expand/ and see if there is a detection there?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
thomas-escxv
Level 7

Jump to solution

No, I'm sure the problem is blocking the internet connection for the software because as I have already said, I unintentionally block the internet connection for this software.

I just wanted to know how to reactivate it (I'm not the administrator of the computer I use to play this software)?

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

I see, I was simply confirming. Of course you would have to be the administrator to make changes. I suggest you Contact Support, you can find the link at the bottom of your Community Page. Online Chat/Phone being the quickest.

Or one of my Colleagues may add to the discussion.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Moved from Support Forums to General Discussion>Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

I think it's probably best you contact Technical Support directly as that would be the quickest way of fixing this.

They are free by phone or online chat.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

As CD said a virus detection can do this but as that now seems not the case two other possibilities exist.

1 In firewall properties in net guard area try disabling netguard and see if that helps.

2. In firewall properties Internet connection for programs check that the exe file for the program is allowed access.

Of course you probably will require admin access to change these settings.

catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You may also try going to your Firewall Settings, and (Reset Defaults)  in some instances this suffices.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos