cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
p2233
Level 7

Scan option not remaining after being selected

Just been into the settings as follows -

McAfee Internet Security>Navigation>Real-time Scanning>Choose how thoroughly to scan my PC (Advanced).

Two options are shown:

1. Strike a balance between the scan thoroughness and my PC's speed (Recommended).

2. Scan more thoroughly, even though my Pc might run slower.

There is a circle by each option which should have a dot in one of the circles to show which is selected. Both circles are blank. When I click inside one of the circles to make my choice, a dot appears. I then click apply. When I close McAfee Internet Security and then open it again to check the setting I just made, both circles are now blank again. Please can you advise? Thanks.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Scan option not remaining after being selected

​,

I am running McAfee Total Protection/Windows 7 SP1. I simply leave both (Recommended) Default settings as they are. In addition, the (Default) scan is now a (Quick Scan) opposed to a (Full Scan) opposed to prior Builds and Versions.

Simply due to the effectiveness of the Improved (On Access Scanner) which constantly monitors all Files/Programs accessed.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I just checked mine and changing those settings stuck with my selection through a restart, so maybe you aren't the computer administrator?

If you are then there could be a slight problem somewhere, so run the Virtual Technician to see if it finds and  fixes any problems.

If not, click Contact on the same page to speak to Technical Support.

http://mvt.mcafee.com/

catdaddy
Level 20

I just tried the same thing(Changing My Selections)...and have to agree after a 'Restart' they stuck.

So I am inclined to agree with Colleague (ExBrit)

Now..having said this. I returned my (Optional) settings to their previous state, and after a 'Restart' they returned to the original settings.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

I did not even reboot just closed McAfee icon and reopened it and the option I choose stayed.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Yes, I meant restart the application.

0 Kudos
p2233
Level 7

I downloaded and ran the McAfee Virtual Technician which detected and fixed three problems (see screen captures below). I then rebooted my PC; but the problem still persists. Thanks to everyone for your help.

McAfee virtual technician.JPG

McAfee Real-Time Scanning.JPG

0 Kudos
p2233
Level 7

Forgot to mention my PC is running on Windows 8.1

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

The MVT probably offered a link to further support but here is one.  Technical Support is free:

Technical Support & Customer Service

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

You show two options I show 3 what does yours show Peter?

P233 who supplied your McAfee software . What is the affid number in the about option?

0 Kudos