cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bernard4
Level 7

SPAM: Who is affected by Spamhaus Exploits Block List? Any remedy?

Hello everyone,               (Vista Business, McAfee Total Protection)

I am not an heavy email sender but occasionaly my emails are blocked by 'spamhaus' and make me waste hours of unproductive time. Here is the message below:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: 20/06/2010 19:33

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

Londeix, Bernard on 20/06/2010 19:33

554 5.7.1 service refused. The mail server address you're using is listed on Spamhaus Exploits Block List (XBL). For more information and how to be removed from the blacklist you or your mail administrator can go to http://www.spamhaus.org/xbl/index.lasso -- Votre serveur de messagerie est liste sur Spamhaus Exploits Block List (XBL). Pour plus d'information et pour savoir comment etre retire de la blacklist vous ou votre administrateur messagerie pouvez aller sur http://www.spamhaus.org/xbl/index.lasso

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Their website is completely confusing me.

Also I have the impression that my McAfee "Total Protection" anti-SPAM is conniving with them to block my message immediately. I hope I am wrong in thinking that, but evidences are very strong.

Is anybody else affected by this phenomena? Is there a solution? Is it a malware?

Thanks for any help,

Bernard

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bernard4
Level 7

Re: SPAM: Who is affected by Spamhaus Exploits Block List? Any remedy?

This is confusing, I don't understand.

Bye,

Bernard

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Re: SPAM: Who is affected by Spamhaus Exploits Block List? Any remedy?

It would appear that your email address or, more likely, your ISP, is blocked by Spamhaus - maybe there has been a rash of spam originating from someone using your ISP.

Check with your ISP regarding this.   If emails are being blocked from reaching recipients at the far end it has nothing to do with Anti-Spam as it only filters your incoming mail.

Also try Googling "how to get off spamhaus blacklist" or similar...minus the "" of course.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 21/06/10 8:11:48 EDT AM
0 Kudos