cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rpili
Level 7

SOFTWARE SUBSCRIPTION SELF DEACTIVATED.

Hello, I have a problem with my antivirus. When today I turned on the laptop ( a Lenovo Ideapad U410 with Windows 8) I suddenly saw a message saying that the the software had been desactivated. Even when I try to deactivate the subscription, nothing changes. I am attaching here a file to show you up that even if in my account the pc looks like as protected and with the licence activated, my laptop is still unprotected. is Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: SOFTWARE SUBSCRIPTION SELF DEACTIVATED.

Is Windows 8 up to date and running IE11 (even if you don't use IE, McAfee does)?

Is your system clock accurate?

Try running the Virtual Technician to see if it fixes anything:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

Failing that, contact Technical Support by phone or online chat, it's free of charge and linked under Useful Links at thew top of this page.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 17/01/14 2:15:06 EST PM
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

By the way support is available in other languages if you need that.  Check the language/Country list at the top right of the support page.

0 Kudos
rpili
Level 7

Thanks for your kind reply Ex-Brit.

Windows 8 is up to date and running and I think the antivirus stopped working after an update I made yesterday night before switching off my laptop.

I tried the Virtual Technician too, but after telling me that the problem was fixed up, the warning message appeared again and my laptop became another time unprotected.

Finally, when I entered the McAfee page and I went to the section to contact the Technical Support, I did not have the option to contact a technician by chat.

Is there another way to contact them during weekends?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

In the UK they are available 24/7 by phone or online chat, which Country did you choose?

0 Kudos
rpili
Level 7

I live in the Canary Islands, in Spain, but at the end I contacted the technical support in English and they could fix the problem.

Thanks a lot for your information.

0 Kudos

Hi rpili,

We are still waiting to hear from you. Please let us know if you are still facing the issue with the McAfee software.

Regards

Pritish P.

0 Kudos

Hi rpili,

Am able to see an Exclamation mark on the Lenovo PC as seen on the Main Dashboard once you login to McAfee and click on My Account.

Double check the Computer name and Make sure you re-activate the correct PC by seeing its name.

Regards

0 Kudos