cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ludd_gang
Level 7

Right click file scan not working

Hello,

When I right click to scan an individual file, McAfee begins a quick scan rather than just scanning the file. It used to just scan the file.

Any insights?

thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
cmjone
Level 7

Re: Right click file scan not working

Hi:

I posted the same problem 3 or 4 weeks ago.  All I got is that Mcafee is working on it.  Since then, Mcafee has gone through 2 to 3 software updates, but the problem is not fixed.  My feeling is that they are not interested in fixing this problem.  It is very perplexing.  I have used this product for quite a while without this particular problem.  It only happened after an automatic software update.  There are quite a few posting in the web indicating Mcafee is not a very good product.  It is famous for it snail-like speed and blocking legitimate sites.  I used it because ATT customers can use it free.  I was so frustrated that I purged it out of my system and found another free anti-virus software to use.  Scanning individual files is a very important feature of any anti-virus software.  If they are not interested in fixing the problem, why keep using it?

0 Kudos
tonyhag
Level 7

Same problem, guess I need to get a virus scanner that actually scan individual files.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

0 Kudos