Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Requesting a refund

Jump to solution

Dears

I have today purchased a one year Mcafee for My PC, windows 10.  After I download it, I kept getting a message that I have to restate my laptop to remove old and install the new version. Each time I do that, I got the same error. When I searched, I found that I have to remove programs that conflict with the installation, in which my case was Bitdefender. I used the instruction and tools to remove it from my PC, but I still have the problem. Therefore I kindly request a refund, and I would look for another antivirus company.   

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Message 3 of 3

Re: Requesting a refund

Jump to solution

Hello @Musb90 

We are sorry that you are unable to install McAfee product that you've purchased today and want a refund. We will help you.

Before assisting you with a refund, let us help you with some trouble shooting steps that you can follow which will help you install McAfee.

First, please try contacting BitDefender support to remove its remnants completely from your computer. Also check if there are any other Anti-Virus programs installed on the computer and please remove it

If you have used McAfee in the past, traces of it will conflict and wont let you to install. Please download this Tool and run it. This will help you remove McAfee traces and then you may try installing the program you've purchased.

You can also follow this McAfee Article that will help you on how to prepare your computer to install McAfee

Please try these steps and let us know if you are able to install McAfee.

Regards,
Madhan M

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @Musb90,

We are truly sorry that you are facing trouble in installing the McAfee software.

Due to Nature of this issue, I'll help you resolve it privately. I have sent you a private message. Please check and respond.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan J

Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Hello @Musb90 

We are sorry that you are unable to install McAfee product that you've purchased today and want a refund. We will help you.

Before assisting you with a refund, let us help you with some trouble shooting steps that you can follow which will help you install McAfee.

First, please try contacting BitDefender support to remove its remnants completely from your computer. Also check if there are any other Anti-Virus programs installed on the computer and please remove it

If you have used McAfee in the past, traces of it will conflict and wont let you to install. Please download this Tool and run it. This will help you remove McAfee traces and then you may try installing the program you've purchased.

You can also follow this McAfee Article that will help you on how to prepare your computer to install McAfee

Please try these steps and let us know if you are able to install McAfee.

Regards,
Madhan M

View solution in original post

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community