cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rastabenji
Level 7

Repeated requests to restart computer

I recently updated my McAfee after subscription expired. However that started a sequence of requests to restart my computer. I uninstalled and reinstalled and i am still getting this request even after 3 weeks. What is causing this and how can this be stopped ? I have tried Virtual Technician and it stopped briefly but it is still occurring.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Dinz
Level 16

Re: Repeated requests to restart computer

Hi there,

Step 1:

Please right click on My computer/Computer (In Vista/Win 7) and select properties

Check if you have a service pack installed.

If its is not installed, Open Internet explorer and click on Tools and select Windows Update to install the same.

If its installed, proceed to step 2

Step 2:

Navigate to the location : C:\Program files\Firefox\Components\scriptff.dll

Rename the file : scripsn.dll to scriptff.dll.old and restart the PC

Let us know if you have any issues post following this step

Regards,

0 Kudos
rastabenji
Level 7

I installed the latest windows updates and I haven't had a restart request since then and that 6 hours now. Lets hope this works fully.

0 Kudos
rastabenji
Level 7

The requests to restart the PC have come back. I did the things you suggested and it stopped briefly but it is now very much back again.

I am at my wits end with this now.

0 Kudos
rastabenji
Level 7

Can I get a refund for this stupid software. I have not been able to benefit from the so-called virus protection.

0 Kudos
JaiPrakash
Level 12

Hi,

It appears like this issue needs some more diagnostics, I have sent you an e-mail requesting for more details on the same. Kindly have it replied so that we can help you better on this issue.

0 Kudos
rastabenji
Level 7

Dear McAfee,

I am now quite frustrated that this problem has recurred and I believe that I am now totally frustrated. I just need this to be fixed now.

0 Kudos