cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gjwcarsaig
Level 7

Renewing Internet Security - doesn't work

I bought Internet Security 2010 Upgrade Edition to renew my subscription, which expires soon.

I have used McAfee for several years, and it has been largely trouble free, but they seem to have taken a backwards step this time.

I have managed to install it, but now it says Subscription Expires in 2 days. When I try to renew the subscription all I get is redirected to the McAfee website, which seems to expect me to purchase another copy!!

All I want is somewhere I can go to enter my product key and extend my subscription for another year.

I tried Tech Support but they said I would have to physically send my proof of purchase to them!!!

I can't believe that this is now standard procedure.

Surely there must be a way to register this product, which I have paid good money for? 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Dinz
Level 16

Re: Renewing Internet Security - doesn't work

Hi,

You have mentioned that the internet security is now installed . May I know did we use a cd to install the programs ?

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos
gjwcarsaig
Level 7

I have bought a CD copy, and installed it from that, but I have since uninstalled this and reinstalled from the website.

Now what I need to know is how to extend my subscription for a year, as it's pretty much useless if I can't do that. I want to be able to do this without purchasing anything, as I don't want to pay twice if possible.

0 Kudos
gjwcarsaig
Level 7

I am going to try sending proof of purchase to McAfee as Tech Support suggested, since I can't think of any other ideas.

If they don't accept this and extend my subscription I will have to look elsewhere for Internet Security software.

0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

You mentioned you have contacted tech support....have you also contacted customer support to find out what they require?

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

http://service.mcafee.com/CustomerService.aspx?lc=1033&sg=CS&pt=1

You have free telephone support for 1st 30 days I seem to remember as well.

0 Kudos
gjwcarsaig
Level 7

Thanks for the help. I'll wait to see if my letter to McAfee does any good, and if not I'll try customer support.

0 Kudos
gjwcarsaig
Level 7

I got a call from McAfee today, saying they had received my proof of purchase, and extended my subscription by 12 months. I went to the website and tried to install the update, but got a 12152 error. I tried to contact support but they were too busy.

I uninstalled McAfee and then reinstalled it from the CD, and it's now working fine, with the correct expiry date (July 2011).

Maybe the subscription didn't update properly the first time I tried it because the previous subscription hadn't expired.

0 Kudos