Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Removal of outgoing only option from access pop-up late last year

I know that this can still be changed in firewall settings, but I am curious what reason "outgoing only" was removed from the options on the popup asking what type of access to give a new program. Were other security measures added that lessened the need for this option? Infrequent use? Just wondering.

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Removal of outgoing only option from access pop-up late last year

Hello @_j_ ,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused,

Since you have mention that the settings are changed, we would request you to provide the following information/

1. Please provide the version of McAfee software a that you are using.

2. Also please send us the screen shot for setting that you see.

If you face any issue doing the above step please feel free to contact our technical support team or through Community post

Regards

Srinivasa R

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Using McAfee Antivirus Plus 16.0 R25

I am referring to the popup when a new program attempts to access the internet.  This has occurred for me since October, after an update with GUI changes including redesigned popups.  You see in the screenshots that after clicking allow, you are only given the "allow once" and "allow always" options.  The "outgoing only" option was removed from the redesigned popup.  Curious as to what prompted its removal.

Highlighted

@_j_ 

Kindly perform the below steps and update us the status

• Open McAfee
  • Click Cog symbol (Settings) on the top right
  • Click General Settings and Alerts
  • Click Informational Alerts in the drop down option
  • Uncheck the option "A program is allowed to connect to internet"  

Regards
Siva

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

It is already unchecked.

I think that it is highly unlikely that this issue is unique to me.  It occurs on numerous machines and, when I renew my license each year, I do the uninstall that is supposed to remove all information.  I did that this time after the option was removed, and it still is not an option.  I am not interested in troubleshooting, I do not have the time to do this; especially on multiple machines.  I am looking for an answer to my initial question.  If it cannot be answered in this forum then there is not need to continue.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community