cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Refund

I´m from Costa Rica and I´m having problems with a refund that I need. Today it was automatically charged my old package and I don´t want this one anymore and I didn´t know it was automatic this charging. Another thing is that this renewal has been made 1 month before of the dead line of my old package. I don´t know what to do because the only number that is avalaible in my country isn´t answering and I don´t know what to do. Please help because that charged -109 dollars- has been made today to the credit card of my father and I´m very worry. 

1 Reply
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Refund

You can fill out a form first click on Customer service link then input your country/language and choose refund. You input your details there that should work.

McAfee strives to deliver quality products, service, and support. If you are within the time frame for a refund and would like to request a refund, or you are from the Netherlands, contact Customer Service.

McAfee Support Mobile App Available
With the new McAfee Support Mobile App you’ll be able to update, close, and view service requests on your mobile device. The app will also notify you when one of our technical support engineers update a service request. Download the Android version from Google Play and the iOS version from the Apple App Store today!