cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
Level 20

Ref: McAfee Migration Tool Prompt ?

I apologise, for my synapses seem to not be firing on all cylinders today.  If I may correct my Updated Engine Version (1664). Thank you for your assistance Ex Brit.

If I am not terribly mistaken, it was a "McAfee Firewall Prompt" reccomending me to allow access...which I did. It is now in my "Internet Connections for programs" with (Full Permissions)

As I mentioned earlier, this is the first occasion I have ever noticed or seen this program. However, it does stipulate it is a Legitimate McAfee program....

Thanks Again

CatDaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
2 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Ref: McAfee Migration Tool Prompt ?

I might add also,  when doing a Search on "McAfee Migration Tool" it seems to be associated with "Enterprise Firewall"

(Sidewinder) ?  As I have the "Consumer Version"...now I am truly confused ? The threads I read were dated back in (2011)...something to do with the "Next Generation Firewall"

All seems to be functioning just fine...Having said that. This program throws me for a loop....

Again, Thanks....

CatDaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Ref: McAfee Migration Tool Prompt ?

Hmm 12.9 the beta version does not show that permission but then the beta is different re files etc. I will check my wife's PC later on today.

Yes the file is on her retail non beta version also why ask this question two times ie

https://community.mcafee.com/message/304798#304798

Will lock this thread here and carry on any comments there

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 2/10/13 3:27:22 PM
0 Kudos