cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaheshCJ
Level 10

Red X During McAfee installation

Hi,

Any suggestions on computers to trouble shoot RED X issues during installation..?

No 3rd party AV present. (  checked under Application data, Registry, Program files , Device drivers, Ms Config, Services )

No infections present.

All windows updates installed. ( Vista OS )

'ChkDsk ' Gives errors but the error message occurs on almost all the machines where installation has gone thro well.

Ran PITOOL, MCPR tool.

But still installation ends up with red x.

Thanks regards,

MJ

0 Kudos
5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Red X During McAfee installation

PITool, what's that?   What version of McAfee are you talking about and how are you installing it and where exactly is this red X appearing?

Also exactly what version of Vista is this?

Also can you please advise what version of IE8 you are using.   Is it the final version?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 17/12/09 1:59:06 EST PM
0 Kudos
MaheshCJ
Level 10

Hello Ex_brit,

I'm Installing McAfee Total Protection online from McAfee Account.

The Download Manager downloads all the information around 63MB + 32 MB of data , When it comes to the final stage of McAfee installation where it installs all the components like Virus scan, Firewall , Anti spam etc.. Got a RED X on all the components.

Version of OS is Windows Vista Ultimate ( Build 6000) .

Thank you.  

0 Kudos
MaheshCJ
Level 10

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Well first it should be Vista SP2 which I believe yours is not.

Secondly  what version of Internet Explorer is installed?   You should be using IE8 final version at its default settings.

If you've already ascertained that no other protection software is present nor any malware then I can only assume that it is failing because aspects of Windows aren't the latest.

You could check with Technical Support Chat (free) who can link directly with your machine to check this out.

Under McAfee Support at the top of this page you will see Home and Home Office Support, click that and then Technical Support.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 17/12/09 2:33:39 EST PM
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

0 Kudos