cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Spurious New Identity Theft Alert Emails

I have McAfee LiveSafe Premium Plus which includes Identity Theft Protection.

For the past 18 months or so, once or twice a month I receive a genuine email from McAfee <**personal information omitted**> with the subject "You have a new identity alert".

When I log in to my ID Theft Protection account it reports good news, there are no issues.  I feel this is an unnecessary inconvenience and a waste of my time, and it has been going on for far too long.  Other Community users appear to have been reporting similar problems for some time also without resolution.

So, I called ID Theft Protection Support (UK number) who said they are aware of the problem which has been reported internally and an internal request made to get it corrected - that these emails have the wrong subject line as they are simply making me aware that McAfee is monitoring my ID, and I should only get that message if there really is an ID issue to be checked.  They said there has so far been no internal response with status on correcting the issue.  They seemed unable to suggest how to get the matter escalated to a higher authority.

I then called McAfee's main UK Support to report this unsatisfactory response from ID Theft Protection Support, who promised to have it investigated and escalated internally and they issued me with a Case Number # (and seemed surprised that ID Theft Support had not already issued me with one).

Within 10 minutes of my second call I received an email from McAfee Consumer Support <**personal information omitted**> telling me that the "Service Request # has been resolved" when it clearly has not, because so far nothing has happened for them to get back to me about!

Please can somebody on the Community with the right connections within McAfee advise as to how I should go about getting this matter raised to the right level of authority for it to be properly investigated and corrected by McAfee, and to keep me in the picture regarding progress and status?

Thanks very much in advance for your help, I look forward to all suggestions.

1 Reply

Re: Receiving Spurious New Identity Theft Alert Emails

HI @MikeSTech 

Thank you for bringing this to us and we are truly sorry for the trouble caused.

We have already reported this issue to our Engg team and it is under investigation. In the meantime, as there are no alerts when you login to your ID Theft Protection account, please do not be concerned. We will let you know as soon as we receive an update.

Regards,
Karthikeyan J

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community