cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gzilla
Level 7

Real-time scan will not stay turned on

I have windows xp and McAfee version 10.5 last update 1-4-11 and DAT 6214 1-2-11.  I've gotten lots of blue screens today plus

shut downs.  I keep turning the real time scan on and the try to run full scan and I get a message there is a problem.  Then I tried

Virtural tech twice today and it finds 2 problems.  Real time scan off and DAT out of date.  I run the fix and shut down.  I should not have

another security program running.  How do I check that and can you help me with the real time scan and DAT problem?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Aldrin
Level 12

Re: Real-time scan will not stay turned on

This would even occur if your computer is infected with some kind of hidden malware infections, I would recommend you to Click on Useful Links on top of this page and contact our Technical Support team for further assistance.

0 Kudos
gzilla
Level 7

Hey Aldrin, thanks for answering so quick.  I did go to support and they uninstalled and I re-installed and

I'm back to real-scan turned off again.  I will go back to support.

But thank you for your advise.

R

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

gzilla,

Please click on Navigation - Click on About  and let us know the version details of your Virus scan and DAT .

Also,check if you have any other security software or its remnants installed in control panel and in C:\program files & common files.

Check for windows updates and install and important updates if available.

Also, could you please let us know the following information;

1.       If the issue happened after you installed McAfee or  after an upgrade from your older version

2.       If the issue happened after a system restore – Did you run MVT to check if it reports any errors.

Please run it from http://mvt.mcafee.com and post us your session id .

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos
gzilla
Level 7

Dinz

I had a case ID 484570-618153603 Surya Laf helped clear up the real time scan.

Thanks for your info,

G

0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

Great, good to know you got them fixed....

0 Kudos
mcracer6
Level 7

I have the same problem, I cannot get the Real Time Scan to stay on. I also cannot get the Firewall setting to change. I ran a scan with Malware software and it removed Magoo.exe. I ran the MVT and it did not find any products. My session Id was #30631076.

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hello mcracer6,

Please provide us with the below information so that we could help you proceed with this issue;

What is the operating system installed ?
Do you have an other security software installed in the mcahine ?
Did you recent perform any recent changes to your computer like  system restore ?

Are you subscribed for McAfee programs through your ISP or did they come preinstalled along with your PC / purchased online

0 Kudos
mcracer6
Level 7

I am running Windows &, it was factory installed as part of the Dell laptop. I do not have a disk to attempt a reinstall. I have not installed any other virus software other than malware that found a couple of trojan programs.

Thanks,

<MCRACER6

0 Kudos