Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abcwdf
Level 7

Real Time scanning wont stay on, and MVT wont open

Jump to solution

Title basically says it.

Im a college student so my life is based on being able to use my computer, lol. That being said im not the most computer literate. I got on my computer this morning and noticed a notification saying my real time scanning was off. THinking i accidentaly turned if off, i went into security center and turned it back on. Almost instantly it turned off again.

I play games online, and thinking that was the problem I downloaded malwarebytes to see if it could get rid of the problem. After the scan It still wouldnt work so i decided to see if google could give me answers. The first i see is use MVT. Ok easy enough. I tried it on 3 different browsers . Google Chrome Mozilla firefox and internet explorer and IT wouldnt open on any of them. I just got a window with a gray box in it. 

The next thing i read was to get rid of all other antivirus maleware software so i got rid of malware bytes and restarted my computer. Still didnt work.

Then i found a bunch of posts on here and followed a couple of them. Still doesnt work.

I really dont know what I should do now. so I was hoping someone could help me out.

I have a Dell studio XPS i7

not sure what other info i should put so

Mcafee security Center

Version: 11.0

Build: 11.0586

Affld: 105-266

Lang en-us

Last update 9/18/2011

Virus scan

Version 14.5

build: 14.5.130

Dat Version 6473

Engine Version 5400.1158

Thanks for all the help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dinz
Level 16

Re: Real Time scanning wont stay on, and MVT wont open

Jump to solution

Glad that you are OK now, . Please do open a new thread for any other issues .(locking this thread as issue resolved )

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JaiPrakash
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

• Download and save the oas-disabled-fix.cmd utility from the link below to your desktop:

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/oas-disabled-fix.cmd

• Double-click the oas-disabled-fix.cmd tool.

NOTE: Windows Vista and 7 users should right-click oas-disabled-fix.cmd and select Run as Administrator, that should run the tool.

• Restart Your PC and do manual update, by clicking on update and check for updates as shown below:

How to update.JPG

0 Kudos
abcwdf
Level 7

Jump to solution

When i click the link, nothing downloads.

pushd "%CommonProgramFiles%\McAfee\VSCore"

mfehidin -i -x vscore.xml oas firecore scriptscan

popd

I just get a new window that says this

0 Kudos
JaiPrakash
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

It indicates, the tool has completed its job. so now you can restart your PC and kindly do a manual update, by clicking on update and check for updates as shown in the above figure.

If the issue is not resolved by doing a manual, then you need to uninstall & reinstall your McAfee consumer products.

You can use the below link to remove all the installed McAfee products:

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe & you can reinstall the McAfee software back from home.mcafee.com

0 Kudos
abcwdf
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ok i tried the manual check for updates. still a no go

but i reinstalled it and its looking good

Thanks very much for the help

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Jump to solution

Glad that you are OK now, . Please do open a new thread for any other issues .(locking this thread as issue resolved )

0 Kudos