cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jomaria
Level 7

REAL TIME SCANNING DISABLED

Hi can some1 please help me and tell me why when my laptop battery ran out and then when i turned it back on McAfee said i had problems with the security, when i tried to fix these issues it said i couldn't. I also ran the virtual technician and this couldn't fix it either.I have McAfee total protection installed until december 2010 so can anybody tell me how to fix this please,it's saying my real time scanning is off and my im scanning is also off thanks jomaria 

Message was edited by: jomaria on 05/03/10 14:12:53 CST
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dinz
Level 16

Re: REAL TIME SCANNING DISABLED

Hi jomaria,

The real time scanner could get disabled due to any other active antivirus software running in the computer ?

Please check and delete if you find any other security software in control panel or C:/program files & common files.

After checking for any conflicting programs, please follow the steps here in this document . Kindly get back to us if you still face any issues

Regards,

Dinesh K

0 Kudos
BPantig
Level 7

I have the same problem and I have tried the document you've indicated. Also the McAfee updater keeps failing as well!

NVM It's fixed! I used this (http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe) from another thread (http://community.mcafee.com/message/117864#117864) but didn't reinstall and then I updated my McAfee Total Protection and it has worked so far!

Message was edited by: BPantig on 3/5/10 11:24:01 PM CST
0 Kudos
tree
Level 7

can not run mcafee scan and all apps will not ope i keep getting a message.."Windows cant open fil windows has to know what prigram creayed it and i brows and no program will run anything pleeese help

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hello tree,

Do you receive any anonymous pop up in the computer from any other security software indicating that the system is been infected ?
Restart the computer and start tapping F8, from the windows advanced boot menu select safe mode.
In safe mode, right click on M icon (on the system tray) and try to run a full scan.

Regards,
Dinesh K

0 Kudos