cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sergio112
Level 7

Quick question!

Jump to solution

i have an mcAfee anit virus total protection. an di have windows vista. BUT i want to get Windows 7 which I just bought. so my question is could i still re download McAfee after i format my hard drive and install windows 7?

the hard drive will be completetl wiped out.

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Quick question!

Jump to solution

Yes,  before you do it go to your online account page and dectivate the license.   That way it wont think you are downloading a second one once you install in Windows 7.

By the way, your profile talks about expertise in Total Protection Service, that is a corporate product, not to be confused with McAfee Total Protection, the consumer product.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Yes,  before you do it go to your online account page and dectivate the license.   That way it wont think you are downloading a second one once you install in Windows 7.

By the way, your profile talks about expertise in Total Protection Service, that is a corporate product, not to be confused with McAfee Total Protection, the consumer product.

0 Kudos
sergio112
Level 7

Jump to solution

cool thanks alot! god this forum is nice and yeah I didn tknow what to put on  my accout. i just wanted to post this once.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

OK good luck, I'm considering formatting my Vista so in a similar situation.

0 Kudos
sergio112
Level 7

Jump to solution

How can i deactiave McAfee?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Go to your account page here and click in the Subscription link once you are signed in and it should show up there.  If it doesn't don't worry, you can always phone Customer Service afterwards and they will sort out any problems for you, it's a toll-free call.

0 Kudos
sergio112
Level 7

Jump to solution

acctually i found it thru tha McAfee button on my computer but not on the site. if yo ugo to the program on the computer then click on Subscription youl find it there also.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

I'd forgotten that you could do it that way too, sorry about that.  ;-)

0 Kudos