cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding installation-----

Jump to solution

I have McAfee Livesafe preinstalled by Lenovo and the subscription expires in a few days.

I already bought McAfee Antivirus Plus retail pack (about a year ago)......So to install it ,do i have to uninstall Livesafe ? or it will write over it?

THANKS!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 8

Re: Question regarding installation-----

Jump to solution

How to download and install Mcafee consumer software

That covers reinstalling though it does not  explain that reinstalling process must remove the old version first. I still dislike installing over the top especially of another product.

7 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

from what we have been told in the past yes as it has different files installed.

Best way is remove it via program and features reboot and run MCPR removal tool and reboot then reboot and install AV+. It might be feasible to install AV+ and hope it removes everything but I prefer to be safe.

Remove Mcafee

Highlighted
McAfee Employee kthomas
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

This seems a very good question and answer.  I tried to locate this in the Knowledgebase but failed.

So today I will ask the Consumer knowledge Analyst if this can be documented.

The best place I think this needs to be parked is in a LiveSafe FAQ, which I also could not locate.

I will follow up with this posting as soon as possible. This needs to be documented somewhere.

Kev

McAfee Knowledge Analyst

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

How to download and install Mcafee consumer software

That covers reinstalling though it does not  explain that reinstalling process must remove the old version first. I still dislike installing over the top especially of another product.

McAfee Employee kthomas
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Thank you Peace Keeper.

Thank link led me to another useful article TS100119 How to prepare your Windows computer to download McAfee Consumer products

This led me to locate 3 good bits of information from within TS100119 :

Step 2: Download and run the McAfee Pre-Install Tool

Step 3: Uninstall any existing security software

Step 4: Run the McAfee Consumer Product Removal (MCPR) tool

I see there are a number of FAQs for the Consumer products, but not for LiveSafe, which is where this FAQ might best be located.

I located all the FAQs using this search string (FAQs):*/title which led to these and many others

• FAQs for True Key: Safe Notes (TS102321)
  • FAQs for True Key: Windows (TS102318)
  • FAQs for the McAfee Mobile Security Wi-Fi Security feature (TS102687)

Then modified it to locate the LiveSafe FAQ (FAQs AND LiveSafe):*/title

Which led to no FAQ.

This is where I would like this very good question and answer included.

Leave this with me Peace Maker.  I'll be back . Good questions and answers like this should be easier to locate in an article.

NOTE:

• This :*/title switch is a  hidden command line option the consumer portal can utilize. I am trying to find out where best to post in the community, where I can share this knowledge and other hidden search gems. The switch forces the search engine to search the title-only for all articles.
    It is a powerful search feature when you know the article you are looking for has the key word(s) you are looking for in the title. This can reduce the number of articles displayed, removes clutter and helps bring the likelihood of the KB you are looking for to the top of the first page.
  • The boolean AND, will need more time to explain. I hope to be able to share these hidden gems will the community soon.

Kev

McAfee Knowledge Analyst

Products: Corporate Encryption products and VirusScan Enterprise

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks Kyle..

Here is another compilation of FAQ'S for Consumer Products. Search

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Peacemaker grrrr Common error.

Hope all our discussion did not divert you from what you want. As you see uninstall first best.

Good luck

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Here is a list of FAQ'S for the Consumer Products.   ( Search ) You may wish to save for future use, very informative. In addition one can use the *Virtual Assistant*

All the Best,

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer