cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scnoodle
Level 7

Quarantined files - Roxio

I have been trying to download my copy of roxiocreatorultimate.exe in order to install it on my computer, which I had to reformat before Christmas.  I have tried on my desktop, laptop and netbook and then I realized that McAfee was quarantining the files.  When I try to restore any one of them it will not restore.  This is costing my money and Roxio will not give me more tries.  In April 2009 when I first purchased this software, McAfee did not quarantine it, why is it now? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dinz
Level 16

Re: Quarantined files - Roxio

Hi scnoodle,

When a file is scanned, VirusScan compares it to known threats. VirusScan also uses heuristic techniques to detect unusual behavior. When a file cannot be matched to a known threat, but exhibits unusual and possibly threatening behavior, VirusScan utilizes Artemis technology to evaluate the threat of the unknown file. If the file is deemed unsafe, VirusScan will quarantine the file to protect your computer.

If you feel that VirusScan has incorrectly quarantined a file you know to be safe, you can recover that file using the steps in this document : http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100617&lang=en_US&prior_tid=26&AnswerID=16777216&tur...

Regards,

Dinesh K

0 Kudos
scnoodle
Level 7

Re: Quarantined files - Roxio

Thank you but I have done this and the file is no where to be found on my computer I have searched and cannot locate it at all.

0 Kudos