cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AILD
Level 7

Purchased a renewal subscription, but having installation problems

Jump to solution

I purchased a renewal subscription and I downloaded the file just fine.  However, when I double click to install the .exe file, a problem occurs.  At first it says "Please wait while we gather information about your McAfee product".  After that, nothing happens.  If I hover over the program, it seems to repeaditidly reload.  The screen is also half white.  I will include a picture to describe my problem.  I am running Windows Vista, and have used both IE and FireFox to download the file.  I have 3 gigs of ram.  unable.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
k3tg
Level 14

Re: Purchased a renewal subscription, but having installation problems

Jump to solution

I would recommend you uninstall via Add/Remove programs and reboot the machine. Next step is to run the MCPR removal tool found at the top of this page under Useful Links. MCPR will remove the remnants of the software prior to your renewing.

Login to your online McAfee account and download your new software which will reflect your new expiration date. Let us know how this works for you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
k3tg
Level 14

Jump to solution

I would recommend you uninstall via Add/Remove programs and reboot the machine. Next step is to run the MCPR removal tool found at the top of this page under Useful Links. MCPR will remove the remnants of the software prior to your renewing.

Login to your online McAfee account and download your new software which will reflect your new expiration date. Let us know how this works for you.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

I assume you have no other AV product installed and you also need to run Preinstall.exe before you install and after you do what Tom above suggested.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 21/06/10 6:26:49 AM
0 Kudos
AILD
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you so much, this solved my problem.  Who knew you had to do all this just to reinstall McAfee?

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Good to see above hepled.

0 Kudos
geerantbam
Level 7

Jump to solution

i'm having the same problem, i tried this but it still doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Best to contact chat and see if they can help first. http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

0 Kudos