cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annabraham
Level 7

Product not working

I purchased the total protection pack online a while ago but the antivirus is not working. the internet site advisor is working fine but i am unable to scan tha computer nor other plug and play devices. Can anyone tell me a solution.

Thank you

0 Kudos
9 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Product not working

We need more information in order to help you.

Your profile mentions a business product 'Total Protection Service' - are you using TPS (SaaS) or a consumer/home product?  If so which name/version?

What operating system and service pack are you using and what version of Internet Explorer is installed?

Do you/did you have another security product installed prior to this?

0 Kudos
annabraham
Level 7

I am using a home product version 11.0.623. The operating system is windows 7 and i use IE 9. The small Mcafee icon on the task bar opens into a blank screen. I didnt have any other security product installed before this.

Also other softwares like windows defender say that the antivirus protection is turned on.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Is it Windows 7 SP1?  It must be in order to be compatible.  I suggest contacting Technical Support via the link under Useful Links at the top of this page.   It's free via phone or online chat.

0 Kudos
annabraham
Level 7

No its service pack 1.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Thanks.  I'll leave it to Dinz to advise you.

0 Kudos
JaiPrakash
Level 12

Yes – Please continue with the other suggestions as they are related to the issue and keep us informed about the status.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi there,

Kindly try the below steps and let us know if you still have a blank screen with your McAfee security center .

Step 1 :

Open Internet explorer – Click on Help – Click on About Internet explorer and check the version and Cipher strength

If they are blank proceed to Step 2

Step 2:

Click on start – Click – run and type cmd

From the options , Right click on cmd and select Run as administrator

From here : type : regsvr32 jscript.dll and press enter (Click on OK on the dialog box)

Type : regsvr32 vbscript.dll (Click on OK on the dialog box)

Step 3:

Open Internet explorer – Click on Tools  – Click on Internet Options

Click on the tab Advanced and hit the button Reset Internet explorer

If you still have blank screen with McAfee security center, run the McAfee removal tool from here http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe and restart the PC

Run the McPreinstall tool from here : http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe

Logon to your McAfee account page from here and reinstall the applications

Regards,

0 Kudos
annabraham
Level 7

Thank you for the reply.

I tried step one and the screen is not blank.

Do have have to continue on the the rest of the steps?

0 Kudos
pusaqall
Level 7

Hey, annabraham. Any update regarding your case? Have you fixed it? I might be running on the same situation, but still checking on it further.

0 Kudos