Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabbie
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Product key

Hello, this is my first time here. I have loaded my McAfee antivirus plus 2013 and it seems to be working, but I have one problem.

Why does it keep asking me to put in the product key again.  And when I do it tells me that it is not correct. I appreciate anyones help. gabbie

6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Message 2 of 7

Re: Product key

It shouldn't be doing that.  Was this a first time installation or an upgrade from a previous one?

exbrit
Level 21
Message 3 of 7

Actually I might as well ask you to do what Technical Support would suggest first of all.

Try running the Virtual Technician to see if it finds and fixes anything:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

If not then I suggest you uninstall in the normal manner via Cointrol Panel > Programs

Then run the MCPR cleanup tool.

Reboot and reinstall from your online account.

That should fix it/

If not then contact Technical Support - it's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.  Tell them what you've already done.

gabbie
Level 7
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for your reply. I think I ran into a problem after I installed it the first time, I had to delete Nortons.I had some junk on my pc and to get rid of it I went back to a restore date. 

In my control panel it shows that I still have Nortons, even though McAfee says it was deleted. So that may be the reason. I will try what you suggested. Thanks

exbrit
Level 21
Message 5 of 7

Norton what?  If it's still in your program list you have to physically uninstall it and run the Norton removal tool I would assume.   McAfee wont uninstall it for you.

gabbie
Level 7
Message 6 of 7

Norton AntiVirus 2012

exbrit
Level 21
Message 7 of 7

It should be uninstalled in the normal way via Control Panel then run their removal tool:  https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us?p...

If you already uninstalled it then run that tool anyway.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 14/02/13 12:10:03 EST PM