Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silva
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Product Detection Failure or McAfee spying us

Browsing from McAfee WebPage to get best practices and so on, i was navigating at McAfee .

Althought I know what is the Mcafee product I have installed in my PC, I have decided to choose the detection instead of typing in on the avaliable field and test this feature.

I was then surprised when this automated system from INTEL page , brought on screen two options. So, Ir ealized there was na error or an issue or malware to be analyzed.

The result was:

( ) AT&T Total protection

( ) McAfee Total Protection

( ) None of above

If I NO NOT have the product AT&T Total Protection why it was listed as a result of the system ?

Would someone from McAfee help me with insights to understand.

4 Replies

Re: Product Detection Failure or McAfee spying us

I am not quite sure I understand your question. To know the specific McAfee Software you have installed, you can simply Double/Left Click your McAfee Icon in the lower task bar, near your clock.Click on (About) If your Affid # is 0, it means you purchased it directly from McAfee.

You can also Click on (Help) then (Help) again and you will be directed to a 'Step by Step' guide on how to better understand your Product/Features, and how to use them.

Moved to Consumer > General Discussion > Discussions

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Here is an example:

Capture.JPG

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Silva
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Hi there.  The point was there is a feature in the Intel portal page for customers support, (the link I mentioned earlier) that when you choose the automated feature it does not work properly or if its indeed really working , the result of such automated system let consumers to be confused  .

Thks for the help anyway.

You are welcome So can we consider this thread answered?

I tried the link you inserted and it seems it is working properly? However try this link to reach the Customer/Technical Support page;

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer