cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ithaka
Level 7

Problems installing the upgrade of Total Protection

Hi There,

I had previously the internet security 2011 in my pc. Has this license experid i bought the upgrade for total protection. But i'm having some problems... the date that appear on the window of McAfee program, it's 15-11-2011! Is it because i had the internet security and now i upgrade it to the total protection? How can i solve this problem?

Thank you in Advance.

Tiago.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Problems installing the upgrade of Total Protection

1 run the removal steps as laid out here

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

reboot and install the new version from your account

Did you buy a subscription from the mcafee site or a cd from a shop?

If you are still having issue contact Customer support and have them remove the old subscription. They can then help you get your new subscription activated.

Probably the removal tool I linked to above will fix it up . Oh Customer support links in useful links tab above.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 28/11/11 7:37:38 PM
0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi ithaka,

You guessed it right , As Internet security and Total protection are  two  different suites and moreover MTP  has some additional features than  your previous package , the subscription would nt sycnc at times . hence we have a tool designed at McAfee to fix these type of complaints . Please follow the instructions here http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100966   and select MTP during the phase which would  download  the  correct MTP subs to your PC with the right expiration date.

Regards,

0 Kudos
ithaka
Level 7

Thank you guys.

I made the instalation in other PC and didn't had any problem, but for the one i mentioned i'll make it has you said. I answering to the first reply i bought a cd from the store.

Take care,

Ithaka.

0 Kudos