1. I have a subscription to SecurityCenter through 2011.
2. About a year ago, I tried a 1 year subscription to Internet Security Suite too, which recently expired. I don't want to renew it...
So here is my problem. I can't get the Internet Security Suite reminder to stop popping up on me, the one that tells me my subscription is expired. I don't want to renew it, but it keeps coming up each day or so...
Anyone have any ideas on how to stop it? Is the problem because I have two programs running and they're not talking?
There must be remnants of two installations on your machine. Temporarily enable Windows Firewall for protection and then do the following:
1. Uninstall all McAfee programs through "Add or Remove Programs" in Windows "Control Panel".
2. Use the MCPR tool, see this article: How to remove supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MC... This will remove all McAfee remnants from your computer. (You must have Windows 7, Vista, XP or 2000, SP4 to use this tool). Reboot immediately.
3. Launch Windows Explorer and delete all McAfee files in "Program Files" but especially in "C:\Document and Settings\<user>\Application Data" and "C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data". You have to set Windows Explorer to show all hidden files and folders (Tools > Folder Options > View tab). Just delete the McAfee folders even if they are empty in all the "Application Data" folders. Can be more than one!
In Vista: C:\Program Files, C:\ProgramData and C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming
**If you can't find these files don't worry. It just means that MCPR has done its job.
4. Reboot and redownload/reinstall your McAfee products directly from your account at the McAfee web site.
If you are McAfee direct customer, go to https://home.mcafee.com/Secure/Protected/Login.aspx and log in to download your McAfee products.If you received your McAfee products from your service provider, please use the list below to download your software.
AT&T users should go to https://uversecentral1.att.com/uvp/myhome/mam/ISS/
Comcast users should go to http://security.comcast.net/ and log in to download your software.
Cox users should go to http://www.cox.net and log in to download your software.
DELL users should go to https://us.mcafee.com/root/login.asp?affid=105 and log in to download your software.
Gateway users should go to https://us.mcafee.com/root/login.asp?affid=370 and log in to download your software.
eMachines users should go to https://us.mcafee.com/root/login.asp?affid=365 and log in to download your software.
MSN users should go to http://membercenter.msn.com/ and log in to download your software.
AOL users should go to http://daol.aol.com/security/ and log in to download your software.