cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Real-Time scanner and Full scan on Antivirus plus.

Hi all,

I have a problem with Real-Time scanner and Full scan on Antivirus plus. Whenever I turn on the Real time scanning it turns off automatically after few seconds. This has happened to me twice now. Last time I reinstalled my Antivirus Plus and it worked and now after a recent update it has the same problem now. I am not able to run a FULL Scan either. I tried the McAfee Virtual Technician to solve it. It showed 9 problems.

The result :

VirusScan 16.0.473

Fixed: Service(s) Not Running (1)

Problem: Missing Files(5)

Security Center 12.0.637

Problem: Missing/Corrupt COM components(3)

Please is there anyone who could help me solve these problems?

Thank You,

Bijen.

6 Replies

Re: Problem with Real-Time scanner and Full scan on Antivirus plus.

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100903

Also check that in services.msc ie type this in the run command box that windows firewall is started and set to auto. Check also the state of the mcafee firewall.

Check also if you have an undetected malware present ie run some of the

McAfee Communities: Anti-Spyware, Malware & Hijacker Tools

Finally have you been using registry cleaners?

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. I did system restore and then updated Antivirus Plus and now it's working. And yes as for the registry cleaners, I own Sony VAIO e-series laptop and it comes with VAIO care functions which includes registry cleaner and I use it every often to tune up my PC.

Thank You,

Bijen

Just everything was fine now the McAfee Firewall keeps turning off whenever I turn on my computer.

Hi Tony,

I have been facing the same issue since two days. Bought my mcafee with my dell laptop two years back, renewed one year subscription, and everything was alright. Renewed again this month but I have constantly been getting the 'computer at risk' pop up, and real time scan and firewall turns off! Tried everything, MVT, uninstall, re install, osc.exe file, talked to Jinto Jones, online chat, he used osc file, asked me to restart, was fine after that, but I shut down and opened it now, and it is back to square one. Been struggling all day with this, I have unistalled and re installed a hundred times already! Manual updates, malware removal, registry cleaner, u name it, I have done it. Would be grateful if you could help me in this regard, I have never had such problems before and it is extremely frustrating.

Thanks, Lalitha.

What version have you installed? Also open action centre and check the messages (in control panel). Is windows firewall mentioned as on as well as Mcafee firewall?

I am having issues myself along these lines but with 12.1 beta which is same as the released version. Before friday no issues anly after my reinstalling it. Did Jinto giove you an SR (Job number)?

I am testing things today and asking the techs in our call Monday 4PM US time.

Actually the MVT program fixed mine Seemed similiar issues .I assume by reinstalling you used the windows removal tool followed by the MCPR removal tool?

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

reboot and run

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Mcpreinstall.exe

and reinstall from your account

No other AV installed or malwarebytres paid version or another scanner with active real time scanning present?