cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Problem updating McAfee

I recently was away from home for six weeks, and my computer was off all the time.  When I returned I received a message that my McAfee had not updated in over 30 days. The "directory signature" was out of date. After the Virtual technician did not solve the problem, I chatted with the tech and he said to uninstall and reinstall which I did. The problem seemed to be resolved. Now, 8 days later I am getting the message that the program has not updated in 8  to 29 days. I attempted to manually update and the program appears unable to go on line, even though I am connected to the internet. I again chatted and was again told to uninstall and reinstall. I am now up to date, but the update key continues to be inoperable. I don't know why the security center won't connect and therefore won't update.

1 Reply
Dinz
Level 16
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Problem updating McAfee

Hi,
If you are still facing the issue with mcafee, please provide some information about the computer like,
What is the operating system , Windows (xp/vista)
What type of internet connection ? (dsl/wireless)
Try running Mcafee Virtual Technician from http://mvt.mcafee.com and post me the session id so that i could review the report .

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

McAfee Support Mobile App Available
With the new McAfee Support Mobile App you’ll be able to update, close, and view service requests on your mobile device. The app will also notify you when one of our technical support engineers update a service request. Download the Android version from Google Play and the iOS version from the Apple App Store today!