cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in activating antivirus plus 2011

Hi, this is Akashdeep. I have installed Antivirus plus 2011, but I am facing problem to activate it. Everytime I click on the activate link it shows a window connecting to internet but then nothing happens. I have purchased new laptop and this is the first antivirus that I have installed. Operating system is Windows 7 ultimate and I have a broadband connection.

Can anybody help me out how to activate?

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JaiPrakash
Level 12

Re: Problem in activating antivirus plus 2011

Hi Akash,

Try opening the command prompt through the RUN window as shown and type ping download.mcafee.com and kindly update us with the IP from where you get the reply form.

Kindly let us know if you are receiving a reply with an IP and not like 127.0.0.1 which is a loop back address

cmd.jpg

ping.jpg

Meanwhile kindly update us with the following information:

1. Browser Details: (IE7, IE8, IE9, IE9 Beta, Firefox, Google Chrome.
  2. Type of internet connection: ( Wired, Wireless)
0 Kudos

Thanks Jay for your reply.

The IP from which I got reply is 122.169.123.107

and I am using IE8 with wired internet connection

0 Kudos
JaiPrakash
Level 12

Hi Akash,

Please verify if there is any Static IP address is configured under your network properties as shown below if so, please make a note of the IP address and select “Obtain DNS server address automatically and try activating your McAfee product.

ncpa.cpl 0.jpg

ncpa.cpl 1.jpg

ncpa.cpl 2.jpg

ncpa.cpl 4.jpg

0 Kudos

Dear Jai,

Its already on the setting "Obtain DNS server address automatically"

0 Kudos

Dear Jai,

still the antivirus is not getting activated.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Thanks but are you asking me to download subscription repair tool and try?

0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

I followed the link given by you. I changed the folder name in C drive from sysprep to OLDsysprep but its not working.

Also I followed the steps for subscription repair tool but in step 1 after 4the point I dont find Access protection in General Settings and Alerts. Please find the below screen shot for the same. Please guys help me out to get my antivirus activated.

screen shot.jpg

0 Kudos
JaiPrakash
Level 12

Hi,

This issue needs some more diagnosis to overcome, Please click on useful link on the top the page and select “Customer Service” which will connect you with our chat technicians and I believe they can assist you in a better way.

CS.jpg

0 Kudos