cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plshelpme
Level 7

Please reinstall McAfee SecurityCenter

So I tried to delete McAfee because it kept giving me popups and stuff but now i keep getting this popup every 10 minutes or so or every time i turn my computer on. It says:

"Application resources could not be loaded successfully"

"Please reinstall McAfee SecurityCenter"

I dont care whether or not i have McAfee i just want this pop up to go away. I have other anti viris and anti malware programs.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Please reinstall McAfee SecurityCenter

Moved to Consumer > General Discussions as a better spot for it.

Obviously it didn't uninstall fully, assuming you did it the normal way via Control Panel > Programs and Features.

There is a cleanup tool which should take care of the leftovers.   Click HERE.

Once it completes it will ask you to reboot, do that immediately.

Then install whatever protection you plan on using.

If there continues to be a problem make sure there are no McAfee items left in Programs and Features

and then contact Technical Support, it's free of charge.

Technical Support/Customer Service

---

Peter

Modertaor

---

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Btw, never install 2 antivirus programs as they can clash.  There are many anti-malware programs that can be used but only a few are good.

See Free 3rd Party Tools by scrolling down the link below.

Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

0 Kudos
plshelpme
Level 7

Im running the uninstallation tool and im at the part where it says "Removing McAfee Products". It also says that it will only take a few minutes, but the bar has been stuck at around 75% for over 3 hours. I tried to remove McAfee before hand, but one of them; "McAfee LiveSafe - Internet Security" wouldnt do anything when I clicked uninstall, unlike the others that uninstalled right away. Should I just wait for the uninstallation tool to finish?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Technical Support is best then....see my post above.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Btw the uninstaller should finish eventually, even if it's unsuccessful.  Have you been into the registry, either yourself or using a registry cleaner?  This is exactly what happens.

Always uninstall software using the Control Panel first, then whatever uninstaller the maker of that software offers, if any.

0 Kudos
plshelpme
Level 7

What do you mean a registry or registry cleaner? Sorry i am not very computer smart.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Then disregard what I said.  If the uninstaller wont finish, force it to stop in Task Manager and reboot.  It probably has worked, just got stuck when trying to display the results.

If more trouble is apparent then I do recommend Technical Support (link posted earlier) by phone or online chat, it's free of charge after all.

0 Kudos
plshelpme
Level 7

Would it be ok to run the uninstaller again after I force stop it?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I don't see why not.  Sure, go ahead and try it.

0 Kudos